When you execute
dpkg (the Debian Package Manager) with the
--status flag (alternative:
-s) & a package name, it outputs information about the package ⇒ it will tell you whether a package is installed or not.
dpkg manual on explainshell.com
- Windows: Adding programs to autostart
- Hosts file: What is it, why is it useful & how to edit it?
- Vagrant & VirtualBox shared folders: Getting symlinks to work on a Windows host
- SSH: Finding out ECDSA key fingerprint (both server-side & client-side)
- PowerPoint: Inserting Source Code with Syntax Highlighting
- Recommendation: Deep dive guide on web server fundamentals
- Where are globally-installed Go tools located & how to execute them (when using Go similarly to 'npm install -g')
- Compilation of modern CLI Tools (Unix, Shell, Terminal)
- (Linux) file system basics
- How-to: Enter your SSH key passphrase only once per terminal session