Let’s Build A Web Server by Ruslan Spivak is simply the best deep dive introduction on web server fundamentals I have ever read. I already learned so much just by a first read (will have to re-read it soon!).
I will have to incorporate & reference it in my Web Development: Overview & Basic Concepts document at some point… 😍
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu): Finding out whether a package is installed
- Windows: Adding programs to autostart
- Hosts file: What is it, why is it useful & how to edit it?
- Vagrant & VirtualBox shared folders: Getting symlinks to work on a Windows host
- SSH: Finding out ECDSA key fingerprint (both server-side & client-side)
- PowerPoint: Inserting Source Code with Syntax Highlighting
- Where are globally-installed Go tools located & how to execute them (when using Go similarly to 'npm install -g')
- Compilation of modern CLI Tools (Unix, Shell, Terminal)
- (Linux) file system basics
- How-to: Enter your SSH key passphrase only once per terminal session