iOS: Converting any document & webpage to PDF without extra tools
Jun 6, 2020 12:48 · 102 words · 1 minute read
The solution is to use the “Shortcuts” (German “Kurzbefehle”) app for that. The issue is: There is already a pre-defined shortcut for that in the gallery, but it has a bug: It does not accept files. e.g.
docx files from the “Documents” app. 😠
Luckily, the shortcut can be slightly modify to accept files for conversion.
Change the “Accepts/Input/Share Sheet Types”: Instead of “Formatted text, text and URLs”, just select “Files” (this is enough). Then, you will still be able to trigger the shortcut from e.g. web pages, but now also from documents. 🎉
Here an iCloud link for the modified shortcut.
- Customizing my shell: From bash to zsh to fish
- JSON5: JSON with comments (and more!)
- jq: Analyzing JSON data on the command line
- Get Total Directory Size via Command Line
- Changing DNS server for Huawei LTE router
- Notes on Job & Career Development
- Adding full-text search to a static site (= no backend needed)
- Generating a random string on Linux & macOS
- Caddy web server: Why use it? How to use it?
- Tailwind CSS: A Primer